Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - parallels
You two guys are terrific the way you work together and laugh together and stick together. You’re always there when the other guy needs ya. A lot of guys in the army say they’re friends, but these guys really are.
In 1976 the castmember magazine Backstage had a few “Uh-Oh” photomanipulations. All of these were done by hand, these are pre-Photoshop days. Via Vintage Disneyland Tickets.
↳ belladonnaeyes asked: Clint/coffee or
if you want to understand the psyche of our generation take a good look at the stories we tell ourselves about the future
because it isn’t flying cars or robot dogs, it’s faceless government surveillance and worldwide pandemics and militarized police brutality and the last dregs of humanity struggling to survive
our generation isn’t self-centered, or lazy, or whatever else they wanna say about us. we are young, and we are here, and we are deeply, deeply afraid.
I feel much better now…
Original gif it’s not mine
It’s like a Michael Gambon sized weight has been lifted from my chest.
**All book readers nod in unison**
This is so satisfying.
WIZARDING SCHOOLS AROUND THE WORLD: NEW ZEALANDThe New Zealand Academy of Spellcraft is situated in an undetectable location in the bush lands of South Island so incredibly difficult to find due to its surroundings’ constant changes in appearance that even repeat visitors often have trouble finding the school. Many muggleborn students are raging fanatics of the All Blacks, and they have slowly converted the rest of the student population who used to thumb their nose at the mention of rugby. However, quidditch remains immensely popular, with students often sneaking out under the cover of night to play matches in the dark because it is “more challenging, and therefore, more fun,” despite the drastic increase in the number of injuries and dents in trees due to rogue bludgers growing slightly panicked in the dark. The school prides itself on its large and prestigious herbology department; international witches and wizards often take on extended environmental studies at the academy, so students are always on the lookout for lost foreigners stumbling around. Often times when they graduate, students of distinction are gifted with Pounamu ornaments that are embedded into the handles of their wands as a reminder for them to always be at peace with their surroundings.
Let me show you the wizarding school of my people…
Could I also suggest -
- bubble charms for swimming, especially with the wildlife in the local seas like the ancient whales, seals and dolphins
- special classes for animal studies where the wildlife is as colourful as the old professor and his pet pukekho, who teaches them care of animals and his specialty of muggle and magical insect highbreds - see the weta as an example
- special celebration days that honour the cycles and mana of the earth with dances and hakas using the poi and patu, then finishing the nights with a grand hangi feast
- the start of every year would have a special welcome ceremony for the new students and visitors, involving the powhiri and nose touching to make everyone feel at home
- the muggle students trying to convince the pure bloods that they are behind the times because they haven’t seen the Peter Jackson ‘documentary’, and the abundance of magical life on North Island; the muggle students see a bulletin for people to join a holiday expedition to further document these creatures.
Annnnddddd now I really miss Rotorua, my friends, and New Zealand in general ;___;